Recently published work: writing is one way I slow down.
- How I survived two pregnancy losses: “How to Lose a Pregnancy” –published on The Manifest-Station, 6 May 2018. http://www.themanifeststation.net/2018/05/06/how-lose-pregnancy/
- How I learn that decisions, especially the big ones, are really up to my son now: “Joining the Army: An 18 Year Old and His Mom” –originally appeared on Grown and Flown December 2015. Click here to read: http://grownandflown.com/joining-the-army-at-18/
- The beginning of our adoption story: “Bringing Him Home”–originally published on Brain, Mother blog October 2014; reposted Mothering.com November 2014; reprinted in Adoptive Families Magazine February 2016. http://www.brainchildmag.com/2014/10/bringing-him-home/
- Musings on a high-risk pregnancy: “Still Pregnant”–originally published on Brain, Mother blog July 2014; reposted Mothering.com August 2014 http://www.brainchildmag.com/2014/07/still-pregnant/
- Misadventures in breastfeeding: “The Boob Tube”–originally published in Brain, Child Magazine summer 2014. An Editors’ Pick for 2014 and nominated for a Pushcart Prize http://www.brainchildmag.com/2014/07/the-boob-tube/ This essay was also featured in Brain, Child’s recent e-book, Brain, Child Writers on the Joys and Challenges of Breastfeeding, for which I wrote the introduction.
- Havoc wreaked when our 11 year-old finds out I’m pregnant: “Out of the Mouths of Babes”–originally published as a Brain, Child web featured post April 2013 http://www.brainchildmag.com/2013/04/out-of-the-mouths-of-babes/
- The perils of bringing home the preschool class pet: “The Importance of Keeping Ernest”–originally published in Brain, Child Magazine spring 2013; reposted Huffington Post May 2013 http://www.brainchildmag.com/2013/02/the-importance-of-keeping-ernest/